Sunday, March 6, 2011

Archive: More Drawings


These are a bit later, mid 70s and on. They're more technically proficient but I feel like I lose some of the gesture in the process. I like the way I drew as a kid and work to recapture some of the freshness from the early days.

Roy Disney



Frank Wells




Jacke and Cheryl Crump

Around the mid 80s I started drawing people related to Ferrari cars and eventually the cars themselves. After these, most of my drawings were done as preparation for paintings; people wouldn't shell out money for pencil or charcoal work but they seemed slightly open to buying paintings.


Enzo Ferrari

Phil Hill and Enzo Ferrari

Phil Hill

Sergio Pininfarina


An Early 50s car in the process of being built.


The first test drive.


The first Testa Rossa being weighed in before racing at Le Mans.

No comments:

Post a Comment